Categories
Daily Best

The most interesting Facts in the world

One of my readers asked me to write about the most interesting facts in the world. I promised, and now I am sharing the facts that I found to be the most interesting facts in the world.

  1. You are actually moving when you are sitting still.

Although the earth feels motionless to us, the surface of the earth is actually moving at the speed of 1000 miles per hour. However its speed changes depending on your location. The speed is higher at the areas closer to the equator. if you move up north, the speed will be significantly less.

 

  1. Only 29% of the whole world is dry land, and the rest 71% is covered with water.

All that water never sits still. Water can move from one place to another with the help of the water cycle.

 

  1. An island is a top portion of an underwater mountain.

Interestingly, some people think that islands are floating landmasses, but it is a myth. Every island has a deep root and an unmovable base. Islands are mountain tops, although it does not feel like it.

 

  1. All birds fly forwards, not backwards, except hummingbirds

Researchers confirmed hummingbirds’ ability to fly backwards. They can also flap their wings 80 times per second.

 

  1. If you place the Mount Everest on the bottom of the deepest place on earth, the mountain peak still will not be visible on the surface.

The deepest place on the earth is the Challenger Deep, which locates in the Mariana Trench of the Pacific ocean. It depths is 36,070 ft (10,994 meters)

 

  1. The atmosphere around the earth protects us from asteroids and solar radiation.

Without the atmosphere, life on the earth would not be possible. Radiation from the sun would make oceans evaporate to the ground, and oxygen we breath wouldn’t be available, objects coming from outer space would crash to the surface. In general, our planet would be lifeless like its natural satellite, the moon.

 

  1. A blue whale is the largest animal in the world.

Balaenoptera musculus, commonly known as a blue whale, is a real-world giant. This 200-ton marine giant can reach up to 100 ft in length. Also, Blue Whales stay committed to the “eat big to get big” rule and eat about 4 tons of krill a day.

 

  1. There is a desert under the thick layers of ice in Antarctica.

Antarctica is actually a desert. Can you believe that? If not, you should. Because despite all that ice, annual precipitation in Antarctica is 2 inches (50 millimeters).

 

  1. If you want to talk to everyone in the world in their languages, you need to learn 6,500 languages.

It is because there are 6,500 spoken languages in the world. Previously, I thought that the most people around the world speak english but I was wrong. The most spoken language is Chinese. The second one in the rank is Spanish, and then comes English, ranking third on the list.

 

  1. If you were 200 million years back in time, you wouldn’t need a ship to travel from Europe to America.

According to scientists, about 200 million years ago, continents were joined together, creating a huge landmass called Pangea. Over a time, the movement of tectonic plates broke up the land masses into the smaller landmasses, or into the continents as we know today. If you pay attention to the shapes of the continents, you will see their curves are matching as puzzle pieces.

If you liked the most interesting facts in the world, please share them on social media.

By Arslan Batyrovich

Founder of FactPros.com
Writer, Researcher, Fact-finder, and All-in-one
Loves nature, Likes history, and Adores anything interesting
To get tailored writing or to work with, contact at [email protected]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *